The Manager of Major Gifts will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with individual donors and securing resources to meet annual fundraising goals. They will interface directly with trustees and donors and will have a portfolio of donors and prospects. They will work closely with the Director of Institutional Advancement (DoIA) to increase organizational capacity and play a role in maintaining fundraising best practices for the department.
- Develop and execute strategies to identify, research, cultivate and solicit qualified prospects for major gifts in collaboration with the DoIA
- Oversee Director’s Society and Individual Sponsorship programs, which include WT annual donors who give between $1,000 to $10,000
- Prepare proposals and direct mail campaigns to target major gifts based on current giving, evaluating giving potential and substantive interests
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects in the database
- Collaborate with the full development team to plan and execute a series of donor and prospect-focused events, including donor recognition events
- Supervise Advancement Coordinator and gift processing and acknowledgment procedures
- Be a skilled fundraiser with 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Feel comfortable using a donor database, and other prospect research tools to aid in the moves management process.
- Have outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be able to maintain good relationships within the organization and with outside constituencies
- Experience with Tessitura and/or working with a performing arts organization is desirable
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Manager of Major Gifts” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com