Website Writers Theatre
Writers Theatre seeks an Assistant Stage Manager for a season-long commitment. The Assistant Stage Manager is responsible for building run tracks, tracking of props and scenery, managing backstage traffic, and running the backstage ASM track during all 7 shows each week of the run. This position works closely with the Stage Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Stage Manager in creation of rehearsal paperwork.
- Assist in taping out the rehearsal room floor.
- Collaborate with Assistant Production Manager regarding supply purchases for the rehearsal room.
- Coordinate with Properties Supervisor regarding initial rehearsal needs.
- Create production paperwork including props tracking, entrance and exit charts, and initial run sheets.
- Coordinate prop changes and delivery of props to the rehearsal room with the Properties Supervisor.
- Coordinate and assist with the movement of props and scenic elements during blocking rehearsals.
- Maintain an orderly, clean, and productive rehearsal room.
- Responsible for hospitality related items.
- Be on book for actors.
- Prepare and organize the backstage area for the run of the show.
- Assist with movement of production props and scenic elements out of the rehearsal room and into the theatre.
- Train deck run crew on individual show tracks as required by production needs.
- Manage all backstage traffic.
- Finalize production paperwork including preshow checklists, entrance and exit charts, and run sheets.
- Maintain and update inventory of run related consumable items.
- Attend all tech production meetings.
- Perform preshow checks of props, scenery, and other elements integral to the run of the show.
- Execute backstage ASM track.
- Ensure safe working environment on deck and backstage daily.
- Purchase consumable props as needed.
- Participate in understudy rehearsals.
- Experience running a production crew track
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Clear and effective communication with colleagues from a variety of theatrical backgrounds
- Strong organizational, leadership, and time management skills
- Availability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Must be able to comply with organizational COVID safety policies and procedures
- A commitment to ethical conduct in all aspects of the work environment
- A commitment to creating a just, equitable and inclusive work environment
- A commitment to the protection of confidential information to which this position has access
Writers Theatre requires proof of vaccination and face coverings for all employees.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
WT is deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as promoting a safe, supportive and collaborative work environment conducive to professional and personal growth. A successful candidate will share these values.
WT is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Additional information about WT’s commitment to providing a safe and supportive workplace can be found at writerstheatre.org/working-at-wt
Please send a resume plus an expression of interest (video, audio, written) that speak to interests, skills, accomplishments, and characteristics that distinguish yourself to Adam Friedland, Director of Production and Facilities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in the subject line of the email “ASM 2021” and in the body of the email indicate how you learned of the position. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com