The Advancement Coordinator supports all Advancement department fundraising efforts, with an emphasis on individual giving. As a proactive member of the team, the Advancement Coordinator plays a key role in implementing and maintaining all departmental procedures, understands the departmental objectives and provides support accordingly.
Supervisor: Manager of Major Gifts (primary), with the Director of Institutional Advancement.
Typical work hours are 40 hours a week, M-F 9:30-5:30pm, with some evenings and weekends required throughout the year for meetings and special events and attendance/participation in programs and plays throughout the season.
- Directly responsible for all aspects of gift entry, processing and preferred donor recognition; maintains and updates donor records for continued accuracy and responsible for ongoing database integrity.
- Executes all acknowledgements for individual donors.
- Assists with gift reminders for Trustees and major donors.
- Maintains orderly and chronological paper file systems for all donors, which includes filing solicitation letters, gift correspondence and copies of checks, and general correspondence.
- Produces weekly financial reports for Advancement department.
- Works with Finance department to reconcile contributed income on a monthly basis, executes calendar and fiscal year-end statements, and ensures an accurate annual audit.
- Tracks department expenses being paid through credit cards, check request, company account, etc.
- Regular interaction with donors and Trustees, including answering questions and providing assistance through the Advancement department’s general phone line and email, as well as in person at special events.
- Serves as secondary ticket concierge for VIPs by fulfilling house seat orders and ensuring the best possible service for Trustees and major donors.
- Coordinates and maintains inventory of all Advancement department print materials such as event invitations, print publications, thank-you notes, letterhead, envelopes, folders, etc.
- Coordinates the departmental routing of content for institutional magazine (The Brief Chronicle) and program book for every production, compiling edits and input from all parties.
- Provides support to solicitation mailings for the Director’s Society and the Annual Fund.
- Supports the department with regards to creating agendas for departmental meetings, setting meetings, taking minutes, distributing itineraries and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have one or more years of fundraising or office experience. Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously with a high degree of attention to detail. Candidate must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Specific knowledge: Excel, Word and Microsoft Office /Tessitura database experience a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The range of benefits includes medical, dental insurance, and disability insurance, vacation and other paid leave, a 403(b) retirement plan (with employee match), and medical and dependent care cafeteria plans.
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com