Writers Theatre seeks a full-time Audience Services Manager to leads the Company’s Front of House team. The preferred applicant will be organized, polished, poised under pressure, comfortable interacting with patrons and training and managing staff, and capable of running all front of house systems while providing boutique-level customer service.
This is a full time, salaried position with full benefits package, with a schedule expected to coincide with performances, often including afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Audience Services Manager will oversee part-time House Management, Merchandise, Concessions and Bar staff as well as volunteer ushers, and will collaborate with the Box Office Manager to maintain smooth front-facing operations and provide industry-leading customer service. The Audience Services Manager will act at all times as an advocate for the needs of the WT audience by building deep relationships with subscribers and patrons and acting as the face of customer service for WT with the ultimate goal of maximizing the customer experience.
Front of House
- Oversee smooth operation of all Front of House spaces and uphold WT standards of customer service. Maintain a safe and welcoming environment for patrons and artists
- With support from the Director of Marketing & Communications, recruit and hire Front of House staff as necessary.
- Train and support Front of House leads, house managers and bartenders, as well as volunteer ushers and greeters.
- Maintain and track Front of House budget.
- Maintain policies and procedures handbook for Front of House staff.
- Maintain House Manager, concessions and usher schedules and oversee House Management and concessions staff and volunteer ushers.
- Oversee appearance of Front of House spaces, ensuring that all venues are organized and stocked with appropriate materials at all times.
- Participate in meetings with related departments, including weekly joint Marketing, Box Office and Front of House meetings.
- Oversee concessions operations, including the ordering and procurement of concessions items and ensuring that liquor license and staff training are up to date. Ensure that concessions sales are meeting goals and costs are within budget.
- Track concessions inventory and order supplies as necessary. Develop and maintain good relationships with all vendors.
- Maintain and evolve a beer/wine/liquor program in collaboration with our vendors.
- Maintain BASSET and SafeServ Manager Certifications. Ensure all bartenders maintain current SafeServ and BASSET certifications and company compliance.
- Maintain and track Concessions and Merchandise budgets.
- Oversee weekly concessions reporting. Create invoicing and cost of goods reporting for internal and external events that include bar sales
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas and maintain health and safety standards.
- Schedule Front of House staff to work WT events as necessary.
- Serve as primary on-site manager for select WT events.
- Attend events and rentals meetings as necessary.
- With Box Office & Sales Manager, serve as a primary point of contact and company liaison for all ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) and access related topics and inquiries. Assist in creation and implementation of a long-range ADA plan and goals.
- Head WT Access Committee
- Schedule and maintain accessibility services (ASL, OC, shuttle, ALDs, TCOIL, script rental program)
- Assist with building rentals (documentation/planning, scheduling and day-of staffing.)
- Help to create and maintain evacuation and emergency procedures training.
- Work with Box Office Manager to cross-train Audience Services employees.
- Work with Facilities Technician to schedule routine maintenance for bar equipment.
- Assist with staffing and running of student matinees.
- Help Box Office to maintain accurate patron accounts.
- Work with Box Office and Marketing departments to communicate efficiently and accurately with patron base.
- Attend other meetings and assist with other projects as requested by Director of Marketing & Communications.
- Strong interest in and passion for live theatre.
- Outgoing, accessible personality with the ability to speak in front of people.
- Top level customer service experience required. Three years experience in theatrical House Management preferred.
- Proven history of managing a diverse part-time staff in multiple roles.
- Superior organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to multi-task. Comfortable meeting deadlines and working under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required. Experience with POS systems or Tessitura a plus. Familiarity with Square sales software preferred.
- We are looking for a team-player who is goal-oriented and possesses a high degree of initiative and energy.
We are interested in receiving candidates from a broad spectrum of people, including people of all genders, and of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds. WT is an equal opportunity employer located in Glencoe, IL. All personnel decisions (including hiring practices, evaluation and working conditions, promotion and termination) are made without regard to considerations of race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental disability (except where related to ability to perform the essential functions of the job, in accordance with applicable laws) or other status protected by law.
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and any salary requirements to email@example.com. Please write “Audience Services Manager” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org