Website Writers Theatre
Box Office Associate
Position: Box Office Associate
Location: Glencoe, IL (on-site)
Department: Box Office
About Writers Theatre
Writers Theatre (WT) is a nationally-recognized, award-winning theatre company located on the North Shore of Chicago with a pre-pandemic annual operating budget of $6.5 Million. Known for the consistent high quality and intimacy of its productions, WT is focused on the power of the written word and dedicated to the artists who bring that word to life. Having captivated audiences for years with its commitment to creating the most intimate theatrical experience possible, the theatre is now a major Chicagoland cultural destination with a national reputation for excellence, being called “America’s finest regional theater company” by The Wall Street Journal. Under the leadership of Executive Director Kathryn M. Lipuma and Artistic Director Braden Abraham, the company is charting a path forward for its future.
Writers Theatre seeks a Box Office Associate to assist in the daily operations of the Box Office including processing transactions and providing exemplary customer service. Ideally, candidates will have availability Friday-Sunday to work 15-20 hours per week while the theatre is between productions and up to 30 hours per week during performances. All duties for this position must be performed on-site at our theatre in Glencoe, IL.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering phones and emails.
- Processing ticket sales, exchanges and season subscriptions
- Providing tech support to patrons as they view digital programming
- Serving as a will call agent for performances, ensuring a smooth and efficient pre-show experience.
- Assisting patrons with questions, accessibility needs and/or ticketing issues.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Friendly personality and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to multi-task.
- Professional demeanor while working under pressure with the ability to remain calm and collected.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing policies and procedures.
- A combination of afternoon, evening and weekend availability is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for periods of time while working at a computer, as well as move about inside the office and theatre buildings to access necessary materials and equipment.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information both written and in-person/over the phone with internal and external stakeholders.
WT requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a term of employment.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
WT is deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as promoting a safe, supportive, and collaborative work environment conducive to professional and personal growth. A successful candidate will share these values.
WT is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, or veteran status.
Please find more information on our culture and specific policies at the following links:
Qualified and interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter or statement of interest to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Want to help us improve our hiring process? Please include where you found this job posting when you email us your materials.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org