Website Writers Theatre
Position: Deck Crew
Reports To: Stage Manager; Assistant Stage Manager
Rate: $17 Hourly
Start Date: Week of September 19, 2022
About Writers Theatre
Writers Theatre (WT) is a nationally-recognized, award-winning theatre company located on the North Shore of Chicago with a pre-pandemic annual operating budget of $6.5 Million. Known for the consistent high quality and intimacy of its productions, WT is focused on the power of the written word and dedicated to the artists who bring that word to life. Having captivated audiences for years with its commitment to creating the most intimate theatrical experience possible, the theatre is now a major Chicagoland cultural destination with a national reputation for excellence, being called “America’s finest regional theater company” by The Wall Street Journal. Under the leadership of Executive Director Kathryn M. Lipuma and Interim Artistic Director Bobby Kennedy, the company is charting a path forward for its future.
Writers Theatre seeks Deck Crew for an upcoming production. Position is paid a 32-hourly weekly minimum provided that all shows are run in a given week.
First rehearsal – 8/30/22
Tech begins – 9/22/22
Final Dress – 9/28/22
1st Preview – 9/29/22
Opening – 10/7/22
Closing – week of 10/30/22
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Assistant Stage Manager and the Production team to rehearse and mount the show.
- With Assistant Stage Manager, create production track for successful running of show.
- Assist in scenic moves with other deck crew and Assistant Stage Manager.
- Address minor prop and scenic notes on props when necessary.
- Maintain a clean and orderly backstage area.
- Compassionate and tactful communicator
- Strong organizational, leadership, and time management skills
- Must be able to comply with organizational COVID safety policies and procedures
- A commitment to ethical conduct in all aspects of the work environment
- A commitment to creating a just, equitable and inclusive work environment
- A commitment to the protection of confidential information to which this position has access
Writers Theatre requires proof of vaccination and face coverings for all employees.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
WT is deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as promoting a safe, supportive, and collaborative work environment conducive to professional and personal growth. A successful candidate will share these values.
WT is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, or veteran status.
Please find more information on our culture and specific policies at the following links:
Please send a resume to Kelly Crook, Assistant Production Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in the subject line of the email "Deck Crew 2022" and in the body of the email indicate how you learned of the position. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit www.writerstheatre.org.