Writers Theatre’s internship program is designed for college students and young professionals seeking to gain practical experience in arts administration. Interns are fully integrated into daily operations at the Theatre and are mentored by the Director of Education and individuals in their department. In addition to in-depth mentorship, interns may receive school credit, professional development opportunities and participate in learning seminars. Writers Theatre is located off the Glencoe Metra stop and is also easily accessible via Pace buses.
The Literary Management/Dramaturgy intern will assist the Literary Manager with a variety of projects and duties, including dramaturgy research and writing for upcoming productions, supporting new play workshops and readings, maintaining the script database and logging new submissions, and helping with audience engagement programs. Candidates must have excellent research and writing skills and a good knowledge of dramatic literature.
Summer internships run May – August 2020.
- Earn school credit, if applicable.
- Networking opportunities. WT interns make connections with the industry’s leading professionals.
- A season weekday subscription to Writers Theatre.
- Exclusive backstage access to Writers Theatre events.
- Mentorship from Director of Education and department leadership in your area of focus.
- Opportunities for professional development and to participate in various arts and arts administration seminars.
- Stipend to cover the cost of daily travel expenses to and from the theatre.
The duration of the internships may vary by department. Candidates should be actively pursuing the field of specialty or a relevant field of study. Individuals should be ambitious and driven, outgoing and personable, and possess excellent skills in writing and communication.
We only accept digital applications. To apply, please download and complete the application form at https://www.writerstheatre.org/filebin/pdfs/Internship_Application_Winter_2017.pdf. Email the application form, a cover letter*, professional resume and two letters of recommendation to email@example.com.
*In your cover letter please detail at least three things that you hope to gain from an internship and why you think Writers Theatre would be a good fit for your educational goals.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org