Website Writers Theatre
ABOUT WRITERS THEATRE
Writers Theatre (WT) is a nationally-recognized, award-winning theatre company located on the North Shore of Chicago with an annual, pre-pandemic operating budget of approximately $6.5 million. Known for the consistent high quality and intimacy of its productions, WT is focused on the power of the written word and dedicated to the artists who bring that word to life. The company has produced over 120 productions—everything from inventive interpretations of classics to groundbreaking new work. In February 2016, WT opened a new, state-of-the-art theatre center in downtown Glencoe, designed by the award-winning, internationally renowned Studio Gang Architects. Now celebrating its 30th season, WT annually welcomes more than 60,000 patrons, engages an average of 10,000 students through its Education programs, and has helped establish the North Shore as a premier cultural destination.
Writers Theatre seeks a Box Office Associate to assist in the daily operations of the Box Office including processing transactions and providing exemplary customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answering phones and emails.
- Processing ticket sales, exchanges and season subscriptions
- Providing tech support to patrons as they view digital programming
- Serving as a will call agent for performances, ensuring a smooth and efficient pre-show experience.
- Assisting patrons with questions, accessibility needs and/or ticketing issues.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Friendly personality and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to multi-task.
- Professional demeanor while working under pressure with the ability to remain calm and collected.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing policies and procedures.
- A combination of afternoon, evening and weekend availability is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Must be able to comply with organizational COVID safety policies and procedures
- A commitment to ethical conduct in all aspects of the work environment
- A commitment to creating a just, equitable and inclusive work environment
- A commitment to the protection of confidential information to which this position has access
Writers Theatre requires proof of vaccination and face coverings for all employees.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION
WT is deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as promoting a safe, supportive and collaborative work environment conducive to professional and personal growth. A successful candidate will share these values.
WT is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Additional information about WT’s commitment to providing a safe and supportive workplace can be found at writerstheatre.org/working-at-wt.
Please send a resume plus an expression of interest (video, audio, written) that speak to interests, skills, accomplishments, and characteristics that distinguish yourself to Box Office Manager, Kara Watanachaiyot, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in the subject line of the email “Box Office Associate Application”. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com